As local sushi-lovers will attest, our sushi is a go-to for fresh, seaside and delicious.
Come in and enjoy this soy-braised Mushroom Cone, or impress your friends with this easier-than-you-think DIY recipe at home.
makes 3 cones
1 lb mixed mushrooms
1 cup soya sauce
1/2 cup mirin
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup picked ginger juice
3/4 of an avocado; 1/4 for each cone
3 pieces asparagus; grilled
1/4 cup carrots; julienned (thinly sliced)
6 Tbsp cooked sushi rice
3 nori 1/2 sheets (cut 4 standard nori sheets in half to get the 3 you need!)
Spicy sesame sauce:
1 Tbsp sesame paste
2 Tbsp toasted sesame seeds
1 tsp soya sauce
Garnish & sides (optional):
- Cook mushroom with soya sauce, sugar, mirin; bring to boil then simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add ginger juice; set aside and cool.
- In each 1/2 nori sheet, add 2 Tbsp of the cooked sushi rice, and 1/3 of the pickled daikon, avacado, asparagus and carrot…then roll as a cone shape.
- Add spoonful of cooked mushrooms on top.
- Drizzle spicy sesame sauce on top of mushrooms and a sprinkling of green onion.
- Serve with a side of wasabi and pickled ginger.