Our new by-the-glass pour, 2018 Blue Grouse Quill Pinot Noir, hails from the burgeoning wine and food rich Cowichan Valley, BC—otherwise known as “Canada’s Provence” for its abundance of fertile land and Mediterranean-like climate. This award-winning Pinot Noir is perfect with our seafood dishes, especially our Salmon or Scallop and Prawn Linguine.
This wine starts on the nose with red plum, vanilla and cranberries followed by flavours of cherry pie and warm spices in the mouth.
- 64% of Pinot Noir grapes harvested from Cowichan Valley, BC on October 19, 2018; 36% from Peachland in BC’s Okanagan.
- The two Pinot Noirs were fermented and allowed to develop separately before blending.
- Each was left on skins for four days, had no yeast added, and experienced only a small addition of nutrients.
- Fermentation was completed in ten days.
- After pressing, the wine was moved into two-year old French oak barrels to complete malolactic fermentation, which was followed by twelve months of aging.